Sunday, July 24, 2011

Let the count down begin

Before I had a chance to blog, my 10 week count down came and went and now I am at 8 weeks and 5 days before Ava Marie arrives!  I am beyond excited but nervous about all that I have left to do before her arrival!  Travis and I have four different new parenting classes starting in August that will include Labor of Love, Breast Feeding Basics, and Infant CPR, so this will hopefully make me feel more prepared.  My staff hosted a baby shower for me at work last week, and we also have a couple of showers in August that is being thrown by our family and co-workers that we are looking forward to.  I have a feeling if I am ready or not, Ava will still come regardless.

I had a checkup last week, and Ava is continuing to do well and has a healthy heart beat and is measuring where she should be.  She becomes more and more active everyday and I have a feeling that she is going to be leggy because it feels like she is continuing to try and kick her way out of me.

I almost have her nursery complete and thanks to her second cousin, Jared, she has a nice mattress to sleep on, and her Mimi has provided her with all of her beautiful, antique nursery furniture.  I picked up the chandelier for her nursery and next weekend we will go and pick up her glider that I ordered last month.  I do not have any recent belly shots to post, but I will tell you that she is growing and I am not sure if I will be able walk if she grows much bigger =)

Below are some pictures of her nursery, and I will continue to post more of the nursery and my growing belly in the upcoming weeks!

Remember, this is how Ava's nursery looked last year before we renovated it.



And now the after



All of the beautiful furniture that Mimi refinished for Ava


Ava has some friends waiting to welcome her!
Mimi also finished the window seat cushion, I love how well it goes with the shower curtain!






No comments:

Post a Comment