Sunday, April 22, 2012

7 months old

Ava Marie turned 7 months old on Friday, and I cannot believe it!  She is continuing to sleep well in the night, and she is one happy baby girl.  She is still not sitting up for long on her own, but we are continuing to work on it even though she prefers standing.  The other day she started to get up on her knees for the first time, and you can tell that she has the desire to crawl, but she continues to roll to get where she wants to go. 

We are continuing to introduce new foods to her, and although she will make a face every time we feed her, she has yet to refuse to eat.  So far I have made her butternut squash, peas, applesauce, sweet potatoes, bananas,and acorn squash.

This last week we have also been working on giving her a bath in her bath tub.  Up until now, I have found that it is easier to sponge bathe her and I have been waiting on her to be able to sit up on her own before I start putting her in her bath tub.  She is strong enough to sit up on her own now, so I decided to go ahead and put her in her bath tub and she cried the entire time.  I have kept with it, and although it is still not easy to wash her in her tub, she is no longer crying and I know that she will grow to love bath time.

Daycare is working out well and she gets excited every day to see her teachers and classmates.  She does great on her tummy and rolling around and her favorite time is spent in her jumperoo.

Ava is such a blessing in our lives and bring us so much joy!















Here are some of my favorite pictures of Ava at 6 months old.













No comments:

Post a Comment