Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Disney World!!!!!

Well we are those parents who took our 10 month old child to Disney and she will never remember it.  This was such a fun family trip that I felt that it deserved a post by itself.

The trip started when we wanted to spend a week's vacation with my father's side of the family.  My Aunt Karen and Uncle George live outside of Orlando and we felt that it would be a great time to visit them and spend a week in the Florida sunshine.

I was so excited about the trip but dreading the logistics of getting to Florida with a 10 month old.  Driving was out of the question as I knew she would scream in her car seat if she had to be in it for more than 4 hours so flying was our best option.  I know that people take babies on planes every day but I did not know how our wiggly worm would want to sit in our laps for the hour and a half flight and I did not want to be those parents with a screaming baby on the plane.  Travis and I booked our flights around her nap time and had a bottle ready for take off and landing along with some new apps that we downloaded on our iPad.  Our flight there could not have been better where the plane was only a fourth of the way filled and Ava watched outside while we took off and then fell asleep in my arms, which she has not done in months, and slept until we landed.  Travis and I were so proud of ourselves and enjoyed a cocktail on the flight while our sweet little girl slept.  After getting big heads that we had the best little flyer ever and that we had perfected traveling with our flight schedule planning, the complete opposite happened on our return flight home and Ava was that child that fussed, cried, and screamed on the full flight back.  Maybe next time she will enjoy it more.

Our week's vacation in Florida could not have been better.  We spent it with my aunt, uncle, father, stepmother, brother, and sister.  Ava was such a great girl all week and hammed it up for my aunt's friends and entertained our entire family each day.   Ava slept well and was the best little eater trying everything that we put in front of her.  The first night there Aunt Karen had homemade pickle beets on the table and after putting on in front of Ava it quickly became her favorite food along with Aunt Karen's homemade applesauce which has a little bit of sugar in it unlike mine. 

Our summer in Tennessee has been so hot that we have not been outside much and I had not taken Ava swimming since the start of June.  We took her swimming several times a day and she is a water baby.  You could tell that she felt like she could swim on her own and really wanted us to let go of her.  This did not happen but it showed me that she is ready for some swimming lesson's this fall.

Of course no trip to Florida would be complete without going to Disney World.  I know that Disney is not a place for a baby so I had everything planned out and all I wanted to do was to get Ava's picture in front of Cinderella's castle with a Mickey ear balloon and personalized Mickey ears on her head.  As you can see I achieved this in the pictures below but it was not easy and I do not think that Ava will be visiting Mickey Mouse again until she if much older.













First picture that I got off her bottom teeth!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment