Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 23

I cannot believe that is has only been 23 days since Ava was born.  After having some more family members visit, I have spent the last two days trying to get Ava back on a schedule.  I know that she is still young and will not stick to the schedule every time, but the last couple of nights we have gotten her to sleep five and a half hours between feedings and I am trying to get her to take a three hour nap in the afternoon so that I can have some much needed mommy time.

Last weekend Ava met her Grandpa and Grandma K as well as her Great Aunt Karen and Uncle George.  It was great having everyone in town and is always nice to have extra pairs of hands to help out.  I did not have any problems finding someone to hold Ava when I wanted to take a nap and each night a home cooked meal was put on the table by my Aunt Karen.  Family has always been important to me, and now that I am a mother, it is even more important and I wish that I had more family members living close by.

I feel like Ava's appearance has changed so much already and I am trying to cherish each moment that I spend with her.  We are so lucky that she sleeps well in the night and she is also great at nursing.  She tends to be fussy in the afternoon and evening but it is nothing that a little holding will not take care of.  As tired as I feel most days, I am loving every minute of being a mother to this sweet baby girl.
 
Ava meeting Ashley and Nathan

Ava loves her Daddy

First time in her bath tub



Ava meeting her Grandma K and Grandpa


Great Uncle George

Afternoon at Cheekwood





Great Aunt Karen


Ava loved spending time with Grandpa




No comments:

Post a Comment