Sunday, July 8, 2012

9 Months Old

Ava turned 9 months old a couple of weeks ago and in twelve days she will already be 10 months old!  We have been a busy little family and am behind on posting all of the wonderful moments that have happened in Baby Ava's life.

When Ava turned 9 months old last month, she was fully crawling on all fours and then after this, it seemed that she started hitting milestone after milestone.  I feel like in a week of her crawling she learned to go from a crawling to sitting position to back to crawling.  She then decided to crawl over to the entertainment center and with one try pulled herself up so that she was standing.  I am not sure if we are ready for either one, especially now since I feel like I have to follow her around so that she does not hurt herself.  She also had her first major meltdown with tears and all.  She was playing with one of her new books and ripped the front page out.  She started to go and put the torn page in her mouth when I took it away from her.  She looked at me and then the tears started.  I let her cry it out because I do not want her to get use to getting her way by crying.

Travis and I spent our first weekend away from Ava over Memorial Day weekend while we were at the lake and she was able to spend  the weekend with Nana and Papa.  We came back Sunday night so that we were able to spend Memorial Day together as a family and we had a nice day and took Ava out for her first breakfast at Frothy Monkey and then spent the day at Cheekwood looking at the new exhibit, Tree Houses.

It has been too hot outside and unfortunately our evening walks as a family that I love so much has not happened in several weeks.  We have been able to take Ava to the pool a couple of times in the evening and we are trying to ease her into swimming.  We started her in the baby pool and let her splash around for a while.  The next time we brought her to the big pool in her new float but she enjoyed it more when we took her out and swam around with her.  Each time we are working on her floating on her back and once she is comfortable with this, we will start putting her under water.  She enjoys her time in the bath so much that she just views the pool as a giant bath tub.

For her daycare she is 3-0 and caught a stomach bug that was going around so she spent a couple of days at Nana's recovering.  Since she has been sick on and off, we are still trying to stick to foods that she likes and I have not introduced her to anything new.  I did make carrots which I had not made in at least a month, and the first bite she took she gave me an upset look.  By the third bite, she gave me the vomit face and brought her shoulders up and stuck her tongue out with the carrots on it.  Over the next couple of days I tried sneaking a bite in here and there but each time she gave me the gross face.  I finally ended up mixing them in with sweet potato's and she finally would eat them.

I am so  happy that we have found a church that we love and over the last couple of months we have been attending on a regular basis as a family.  They have a great daycare and the women in the Nursery recognize Ava as soon as we drop her off and they all love her.  The other morning we went to pick her up we were the first parent's to step foot into the kid's area and we heard a screaming child from the entrance.  I looked at Trav and sure enough when we got to Ava's room, she was the screaming baby.   She normally does really well, but the 9am service also falls during her nap time and most of the time she is fine but on this day she was really tired and did not want to go to sleep.

My Grandmother passed away in May and we had her Memorial the first week of June in Pennsylvania.  I already have so many family members who still live in the Troy Area and I had a lot more family planning on coming in from out of town for the Memorial that I really wanted to be able to take Ava so that everyone could meet her.  However it is a 14 hour trip that we spread out over two days and even with this, it would have been too longer for Ava to spend in the car so I decided to leave her at home.  I was gone for five nights and this is the longest that I have been without seeing Ava.  Travis was great with sending me daily videos of Ava waking up in the morning and I am so happy that I made the trip up.  I was able to see so many family members from both my mom and dad's side of the family and there were some cousins that I had not seen in at least fifteen years.  Most importantly I was able to be a part of the wonderful day with honoring my Grandmother Grace at a private graveside service.  She was one of my favorite people in my life and I am so happy that so many of us were able to gather together to celebrate her life.  I was able to take Ava up to Pennsylvania in the Fall to meet her Great Grandmother and I will treasure all of the moments that I had spent with my Grandmother forever.

Each day I try and not get too worked up by the little things and instead remember how blessed I am.  Travis is an amazing friend, husband, and father and he is given me the life that is better than I ever imagined.  I have a very supportive family that has given me so much love and love's Ava just as much.  Then there is Ava Marie who is my world and my happiness.  I see all of the good that God can give and I am thankful to be her Mother.

Ava's 9 month pictures were impossible to take. I kept trying to place the 9 month picture frame out of her reach but she would immediately crawl to and and knock it down.  At least I have great shots of her throughout the month.



Tree Houses at Cheekwood


















Cousins!

Most of my Mother's side of my family at Grandmother's Memorial in Forksville.  The covered bridge has been there since the 1800's and my Mother went to school across the street from here.



View of the little town I grew up in, Troy, Pennsylvania! 


I purchased some new toys for Ava, and her favorite was the bubble wrap that came in the box.


Guilty!




No comments:

Post a Comment