Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Another First!

I have been a worried lately that Miss Ava has not cut any teeth yet.  I have been trying to feed her new foods such as grapes, cherrios, and puffs but the most she can do is "gum" them and then she lets it fall out of her mouth.  Every time she laughs or cries I try peaking in her mouth to see if I can see anything and all I have been able to see are her gums.  She has not been fussy lately or drooling more than usual, but tonight I stuck my finger in her mouth to feel her gums and on her lower front I felt a little jagged chicklet on her left side!  I am telling you that this excited me more than her crawling because I saw the progression of her trying to crawl where with her first tooth all of a sudden it was there.  I feel like a proud mother right now whose child just won a gold medal and all it is a tooth but it is her first.  I say this over and over again but it amazes me how fast she is growing up.  Just 10 months ago she was a newborn baby and now she can smile, laugh, make out some words, clap, play with her toys, sit up, crawl, pull herself up, cruise and now she no longer has a toothless grin!

Tonight's bedtime book was I Love You Through And Through and my favorite part is the ending, "I love you through and through...yesterday, today, and tomorrow too!"  Thank you God for this little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment