Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Mommy Moment of the Day

Recently Ava has started paying more attention to her baby doll and teddy bear, which she calls doggy.  She pushes them around, gives them hugs, and plays mommy to them.  Tonight I asked her if she wanted to get her baby for story time and we all sat in the  chair together as I read Pat the Bunny.  For those of you who are not familiar with this book each page shows how Paul and Judy can do something and then they ask if you can do it to.  This includes patting a furry bunny, playing peek a boo, feeling daddy's scratchy face, etc.  When it came time for Ava to do something, she first took her baby's hand and had the baby do it first and then she did it. I may be a little emotional right now, but I started crying seeing how much of a big girl Ava really is.

I love watching Ava grow and learn new things, but I also miss the little infant baby that she was when all I did was hold her in my arms all day. The good news is she still lets me cuddle her and I love when she gives me kisses and hugs and tells me that she loves me, there is nothing better in the world than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment