Thursday, October 3, 2013

3 Months Later...

Well the journey started on July 2nd and after three long months we have a success story...Ava went pee pee in her potty!

I went back and read my post of her first potty attempt and how we hoped that she would be potty trained by her 2nd Birthday. Well that came and went but on the morning of October 2nd after 15 minutes of sitting on her potty with Travis patiently waiting by her side, she peed in the toilet!  It really was such a proud parenting moment for us and Ava was equally as proud of herself and then decided that she enjoyed it so much she wanted to try again. 

We have not been wanting to force potty training but every night we have had her sit on it while her bath is being drawn so I am so excited that something finally happened.  She is also recognizing the fact when she has to go so I am hopeful that we will continue to have many more success stories and that it is not another 3 months until this happens again.

I really am proud of my Big Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment