Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Prenatal Yoga

When I was pregnant with Ava I started prenatal yoga when I was 15 weeks pregnant.  I did this up until the week before I delivered Ava and I really felt like it helped with me deal with my body changing during my pregnancy as well as my delivery.

With my second pregnancy, I feel like my life is so much busier that I did not start my prenatal yoga until 23 weeks pregnant.  I was sad to learn that the studio that I practiced in last time in 12th South was no longer offering prenatal yoga but was able to find Sanctuary Yoga in Green Hills that does offer this.  The first class kicked my butt and I was so sore afterwards that I was in pain for two days.  Besides being out of shape, this yoga studio pushes you harder than what I was use to and we are doing full on yoga poses.  The prenatal part comes in at the beginning were we sit around in a circle and discuss our pregnancy and at the end when we get in a comfy position and the teacher comes around and massages our backs.

Last night was my third class and I have had the same teacher each time.  She corrected me a lot in the beginning of the class and made a comment as she was passing about how flexible I was of which I laughed in my head because I cannot even touch my toes at this point.  When she came back around she said I was over exerting myself in the poses and while I was really flexible, I need to not stretch out as far in certain poses.  I told her that I am not flexible and then she asked if I use to be a dancer because of my body of which I politely said no but thanked her for the compliment. This gave me a little ego boost during the class because even at 25 weeks pregnant, someone thinks I am in decent shape~

I have not been taking too many pictures of by growing bump, but here is one of Britt last night at 25 weeks.


I had to include this picture of Ava.  Today is her Halloween party at school and I am picking her up earlier because we are flying to Orlando to spend Halloween at Disney's Magic Kingdom!  I am so excited to take her on this trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment