Saturday, August 17, 2013

Today's Afternoon Nap

In the last couple of weeks Ava has learned to escape from her sleep sack during her afternoon naps.  She still needs a sleep sack I feel because she rolls around so much in her sleep she would not stay covered.  Our sleep sacks have snaps at the top and she is strong enough to unsnap them and crawl out.  

I put her down for her nap today and went to clean up the kitchen and do some work.  I did not take the video monitor with me but  I could hear her playing in her crib.  After 45 minutes of her playing I went in to check on her and was so surprised at what I found.  She had managed to escape from her sleep sack and had thrown it on the floor along with her lovey.  I had taken her clothes off before her nap time so she was only in a diaper cover and her diaper.  She had taken off her diaper cover and her DRY diaper and was standing up NAKED in her crib.  The worst part was she peed while she was standing up so her crib bumper, sheets, and some of her toys were soaked.

Mommy Lessons Learned:
1.  I am buying a new sleep sack that does not snap but instead zips so hopefully she cannot escape from this.
2.  I will have the video monitor on me at all times while she is taking naps.

There is never a dull moment in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment