Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Christmas Funday!

This weekend is the only weekend that we are in town in December before Christmas so we wanted to enjoy some of our favorite Christmas activities.

 Last year we had our pictures taken with Santa at Cheekwood and while they turned out great, we had to stand in line for an hour and a half which took the Holiday cheer right out of us where we did not want to go to the other activities that they were offering for the children.  This year we were happy that they were offering photos both Saturday and Sunday and we made certain that we were there as soon as they opened Sunday morning.  We only had a 10 minute wait to see Santa and this year Ava sat on Santa's lap by herself without any tears.  

In case you have forgotten this was Ava's picture with Santa last year...

And here she is this year...





We also needed to get our family picture in with my Baby Britt Baby Bump...




Afterwards we went to the cookie decorating and Ava enjoyed a yummy Christie cookie.






 We then colored a gingerbread house, made a paper strip tree, and saw Santa's reindeer's.



 
After some lunch and much needed naps by all, Ava and I headed out to Opryland to go to the 
Holly Jolly Town Square.  

We went last year and I remembered that they had a children's train and I knew that Ava would enjoy spending her afternoon riding a choo choo.  They had an all day pass I purchased for $13 which was well worth the enjoyment that Ava got out of the hour and a half that she ended up riding the train.  I even let her take Pig along with us because before she left she brought me Pig and moved his mouth and said "Please Pig Train", how could I say no.




After finishing up with the choo choo we stopped and talked with Mrs. Claus and then went to look at the tree.  I noticed Ava reaching up and then she came over to me and said, "I can't reach it Momma" and then tried jumping several times to get to the top...bless her sweet little heart.





 In case you did not notice, Ava is wearing her Elf on the Shelf smocked dress, 
I cannot stand how cute this is!





























No comments:

Post a Comment