Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Third Trimester, 30 weeks, let the countdown begin!

Britt James at 30 weeks~



With just a mere 10 weeks to go, I am beyond excited to be meeting my little boy so soon!  This pregnancy has been so different for me compared to last time.  For one I am chasing Miss Ava around the house so instead of coming home and focusing on me and my pregnancy, it is all about Ava until she goes to bed and then there is still the house chores to do after that.  On top of this we are still in our itty bitty condo with most of our belongings still in two storage units and since this is a rental and we do not have an extra room, I do not have a nursery to be getting ready.

While we have been so excited to welcome another baby in the world, I spent the first part of my pregnancy in somewhat of a pitty party for myself and the baby.  I felt very depressed about our situation and that I was not doing as much for this baby as I had done for Ava.  I finally snapped out of it and realized that the baby does not know whether they have a nursery with coordinating bedding and drapes and all that they really need is our love.  That is when I started loving my pregnant self and  taking time out of my day to sit still and treasure this time.

I have been going to my prenatal yoga classes weekly and look forward to this mommy and baby time each week where I can really connect with the baby and also listen to other pregnant women who are going through the same struggles as me.  I love my instructor and some how I talked my loving husband into taking a three hour prenatal yoga couples birthing class with me this upcoming Friday evening.  I am really excited about this and will report back on how Travis takes it.

While I have not been getting a nursery ready, I have still been buying a lot of sweet little boy clothes.  Travis spent five  hours in our storage units a couple of weeks ago and has located all of our baby gear and pulled it to the front of the unit.  Once January 1st comes I am going into full on baby prep mode and the little space that we have left will be filled with Britt's bassinet, swing, play mat, changing table, bouncer and lots of other fun goodies.

During the Holiday Season I am reminded on how blessed that I really am.  I  have so many things to be thankful for in my life and I truly have more than I deserve.





No comments:

Post a Comment