Sunday, July 11, 2010

Almost There

Since I last posted, we have had two busy weekends celebrating my father in-law's birthday as well as my mother's birthday.  Then Travis and my father birthday is in eight day days, my sister in-law's birthday is at the end of the month, and finally Travis and I will be celebrating our third anniversary on July 28th.  In between all of this my other sister in-law is moving back to Nashville, we are going to go to Atlanta to visit our best friends in their new house, and we are going to Chattanooga for the weekend for Travis's firm annual party.  With the busy July that we are having, this is also the last month before our home is finished. Our contractor gives us a list of to do's each week and some how we find the time to make decisions on everything that he has asked for. 
Last week we had to pick out the exterior house colors,  finalize on the carpet, and finally pick out our front door and newel for our stairs.  After coming down to the wire and staring at paint samples for hours, we finally decided to pick the color that Travis liked the best for the exterior color.  The next day they primed the house and I was nervous all day that the color would not look good.  Friday morning I went by the house, and to my surprise, the house looked amazing!  I am beyond pleased with the color choices and cannot wait to see it finished.  The pictures below only show the house primed, so once it is finished, it will be a shade darker than what is shown.  Also they have not primed the trim, so once it is painted it will be a very light gray/almost white, and the shutters and side entry doors are going to be a dark red/brown.  The new front door will be stained and hopefully we will find money in the budget to stain the existing deck off of the bonus room the same color of the front door, if not I think that it will stick out like a sore thumb.
This last weekend they almost finished dry walling the house, and hopefully by the end of next week, the house will start coming together.  They have had to put even bigger holes in the wall in order to dry wall it, so we have piles of plaster all over the house.  They are suppose to finish dry walling by the middle of the week, and then they are going to start tiling.  This week they should also have the house painted and the patio and front walkway poured. 
Our to do's for this week include finalizing on all of the interior paint colors as well as order all of the lighting that I have not picked out yet.  I did find a small chandelier that I ordered for our master bedroom last week, but besides this I have not looked at any other lighting.
Happy Birthday Jim!

Happy Birthday Mom!


Paint Sample Options


Testing them out


The final decision!  This will be a shade darker than shown, and the trim has not been painted yet.

The horrible pine tree on the right hand side of the house was cut down, and the dead ivy was removed from the house as well!


Travis replaced our mailbox but still needs to replace the post once our address plaque arrives.


The hardwood was laid in my closet.


The hardwood was also laid in the mud room.


This was the neatest pile of plaster, the rest of the house looks like a bomb went off.


The areas that were dry walled:


The Garage



The Bonus Room



And the Stairway Leading up to the Original House.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Project Swearingen Blog continues to be one of the highlights of my summer. Bravo Travis on the color. Bring back Christmas Song! !!!! (Note sorority finish!!!)

    ReplyDelete