Tuesday, February 4, 2014

39 weeks and 3 days plus some potty training

Now that I have made it to February, I want Britt to come out!  I do pretty well during the day but in the evening my legs feel as if they are 1,000 pounds and my lower back starts to hurt.  I went to my OB appointment today hoping for some good news, like my water breaking in the office, and I was sad to find out that I am still only 4 centimeters dilated but I am now 90% effaced.  I think in the back of my head I was hoping to be 6 centimeters dilated without any labor contractions, which is unheard of, and that I had Wonder Women's body and would  have this baby without contractions.  

With my labor with Ava I started my contractions late in the evening with four days to go and had her three days early and my last meal was taco's after seeing my OB earlier in the day.  Not that I am trying to recreate this but tonight I also have four days to go, I saw my OB this morning, and I had chicken taco soup for dinner.  Just some wishful thinking on my behalf.

In Ava news, she has decided to potty train herself!  Travis and I started potty training back in the Summer but never forced the issue and we would have some successful weeks where she would go once a day a couple of days in a row, and then she would go weeks without trying again.  We have had some much going on with Britt on the way that we really have not forced the issue and I had been planning on some potty training boot camp in March when her school is closed for a week.

Well Miss Ava decided to become a big girl on her own and about 10 days ago started going several times in a day at school.  When this happened three days in a row I decided to buy some pull up diapers as well as some panties.  She found her panties and insisted on wearing them to school and did well all day on the first day until she got home and it was right before bedtime and then she pooped in them.  The next day she insisted on wearing panties or as she calls them "canties" to school.  I had high hopes that day two would be better and within twenty minutes of being at school, she pooped again in them.

We decided it was too soon for her to be wearing her canties so instead we introduced her to pull ups with Minnie Mouse and Ariel on them and that was all that it took.  For a week now Ava has not peed at all in her pull ups and lets us know when she needs to use the restroom without being prompted.  This evening she told me she had to go potty and for me to wait outside and then she shut the door, pulled down her pants while saying "I go pee pee in the potty" over and over.  After she is done she knows to wipe and then she likes to take the bowl out of her training potty and flush the contents down the toilet.  She then washes her hands and then comes to get her treat which we are using chocolate covered raisins, I like to think this is somewhat healthy with the raisins.

While the peeing in the is successful, the pooping is not.  Saturday night she did her usual where all of a sound she told us to get away and that she was not pooping which means that she was about to.  Travis and I told her to go on her potty but being a lady, she said she could do it herself and she shut the door to the bathroom.  A couple of minutes later we checked on her and when she stood up she had gone in the potty but the sight of it scared her to death and she started crying.  I have heard of this happening and we reassured Ava that this is okay and praised her but after that she has gotten stage fright and does not want go try going poopy in the potty again.

Despite this we have taken her peeing in the potty as a big success and are focusing on this right now and know that the rest will come in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment