Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Introducing Master Britt James Swearingen

On Thursday, February 6th, two days before my due date, my husband and I welcomed our second child and first son, Britt James, into the world.  There are so many wonderful moments that we experience in life but none more wonderful than welcoming a child into the world.  I have such special memories of my delivery with Ava and the same is true for Britt.

I had gone into work every day the week of my due date, but on Thursday morning I decided to work from home after having a horrible night of sleep.  I guess it was truly my women's intuition because I do not know how I would have managed myself driving from work when my contractions started.  I had just wrapped up finishing my emails and was going to sit down on the couch for a second when I started feeling a slight pain.  With Ava my contractions started while I was sleeping so I was not sure how they would feel when they started with Britt.  I called Travis and told him that I thought that my contractions were starting and that he should probably start wrapping it up at work but to call me in 30 minutes to confirm before he came home.  I started tracking my contractions on an app on my phone and 15 minutes later I was calling Travis to tell him to come home that it was time.  By the time he came home my contractions were less than 5 minutes apart and lasting 45 seconds each time so I knew it was time to go to the Hospital.

On the way we called my OB's office which was a mistake that we made last time by not calling.  The nurse confirmed that I should be on the way to the Hospital and that she would call ahead and let them know that we were on our way.  Once we arrived at Centennial I was taken to the OB ER triage and they confirmed that I was 100% effaced and 4-5cm dilated so they had the orders put in so I could be admitted.  With Ava I was lucky that my OB was on call for her delivery and I had found out that my OB was not on call this evening.  After 30 minutes in Triage I was wheeled up to the Delivery Room and was surprised to see my OB sitting at the Nurses Desk.  When she came in my room she said that she knew my labor would not last long and that she wanted to be here for my delivery.

I was so elated that I would have the same OB deliver both of my child and an  hour later and pushing through three contractions, my OB had me reach down and pull my son out and I placed him on my chest and both my husband and I welcomed him with tears.

Britt James weighed 8 pounds and 12 ounces, was 20.5 inches long with blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair.

Travis and I spent the next two days in the Hospital loving on our new little boy.  As strange as it sounds I loved our two days in the Hospital.  It was just us with no distractions, nothing to do other than to just be together with our son.  It  was so special and we are so blessed to have another healthy child.  

"For with God nothing will be impossible." Luke 1:37

Our first photo with our son


Meeting Aunt Alissa

First photo as a family of four, as you can see Travis and I did not get much sleep after our first night in the Hospital.

Ava meeting Baby Britt



Papa and Nana with their grandchildren.


All snuggled up and ready to go home.





No comments:

Post a Comment