Friday, February 28, 2014

Britt James, Week 2 and 3

At 11 days old, I was going to have my first day at home by myself with Britt when Travis called me after he had left to take Ava to school to tell me that her school was closed for the day because of President's Day.  I guess we missed the memo or was too tired to remember so I earned my Mommy of Two Badge for the Day and kept both kids all by myself.  I am  happy to report that it went  really well and while I am happy that Ava does go to school during the day so I am able to work towards getting Britt in a routine, it was nice spending  the day by myself with both children.

I ended up being home on Tuesday with just Britt but the rest of the week we had more family come in town and  by Sunday, Britt met all of his aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great grandmother, and great aunts, great uncles, and a second cousin.  I am so thankful that we have such a close family that loves us and our children so much.  Family is so important to me and while we live far away from most of our family members, it is nice to know that  the distance does not keep us apart.

After all of the family left, we took Britt back to the pediatrician when he was 18 days old and was happy to find out that he had gained weight and had exceeded  his birth weight at 9 pounds and 1 ounce and had grown a quarter of an inch and  is now 20.75 inches. Our pediatrician was more than pleased with this progress and now we do not have to go back until he is two months old.  















No comments:

Post a Comment