Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Where are you going my little one, little one...

Growing up my mother had a musical figurine of a mother holding a baby and behind the mother was a little girl holding her baby doll.  It turned in circles and played this lullaby:

Where are you going, my little one, little one,
Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around and you're two,
Turn around and you're four,
Turn around and you're a young girl going out of my door.
Turn around, turn around,
Turn around and you're a young girl going out of my door. 

I am reminded of this song everyday as I watch Ava Marie.  As I sit and hold my new baby boy, I cannot help but cry as I look at how fast Ava has grown.  When I was in the Hospital with Britt, my father sent me a video of Ava from my sister's wedding in April.  Watching the video Ava was barely talking and still looked very much like a baby.  Now only ten months later she is talking up a storm, running, jumping, telling stories, singing, dancing, and playing on her own.  There is nothing that is baby about her anymore and while I love the silly, smart, and beautiful little girl that she is turning into, it is so sad to know that the past two years have flown by and it will only go faster now that we have two children.

I find myself getting overwhelmed, tired, and frustrated at times and long for some quite mommy time but I also remind myself that we are so blessed to have two healthy children and the happiness and love that they give me is more than I could have every have imagined.

Thank you Ava Marie for making me a mommy and for all of the hugs, kisses, and loving words that you give me each and everyday.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment