Thursday, May 29, 2014

Britt James- 16 weeks old

Today was my first day back at work and Britt's first day at Calvary.  I have been emotional all week and almost broke down in tears at the zoo on Tuesday.   The zoo keeper explained how a kangaroo gave birth the week before and they will take the baby out of her pouch and will hand rear the joey so the mother does not become attached.  Then today I cried most of the morning and left Calvary boohooing as I drove to work.   I felt very strange being at work today as if I did not belong there and I could not get home soon enough to love on both of my babies.  I walked into the school and recognized Britt's cry and walked into the room to his see face covered in tears.  They said he had a good day but after looking at his sheet he only slept 50 minutes instead of the 2.5 hour nap he normally has.  Poor baby boy was exhausted and feel asleep as soon as  I picked him up.  I understand that it will take some adjusting to the new environment and people and that he will grow to love playing with the friends  in school like Ava does.  

I really enjoyed my time home with Britt and  the fact that I got so much one and one time loving on him.  What a great 16 weeks we have had at home together!









No comments:

Post a Comment